A PWC India and the countrywide affiliation of software program & offerings businesses (NASSCOM) report had claimed ultimate yr that the Indian e-commerce market of 35 billion bucks will be growing at 25 in line with cent in the next 5 years and can exceed a hundred billion greenbacks by 2022. however, even though that is a wonderful aspect of the change via the net, there’s a dark aspect of it as nicely. The quantity of e-commerce websites in India are on a rise and so are the quantity of faux e-trade sites. A recent times Of India record has claimed that a fake e-trade website has duped a client of Rs 52,000.
As consistent with the record, the client had purchased a handbag from a popular e-commerce portal and desired to go back the product. She searched for the patron care variety on Google and made a call at the wide variety she were given from a few some other website. the person on the alternative facet posed a client care representative and managed to get the account information from the patron at the pretext of shifting the refund amount. The fraudster used diverse methods which includes UPI to withdraw cash from the customer’s account. In overall, the client misplaced around Rs fifty two,000.
how to protect yourself?
this situation suggests how clever are the fraudsters in recent times in addition to the negligence through the consumer. you may avoid becoming a victim of those styles of cyber fraud by using following commonplace recommendations issued through banks every so often.
- if you are shopping for some thing from any reputed e-commerce portals, use their website only in case of return/refund problems.
- do not rely upon numbers given at another website. Fraudsters nowadays have flooded the internet and search engines like google and yahoo like Google with faux customer care numbers of famous web sites.
- do not percentage your mystery/touchy account information like Password, PIN, UPI password with all and sundry.
- earlier than touring any website, test whether the URL is relaxed or not. A secure internet site URL has a image of ‘Lock’ before it and it starts offevolved with ‘https’.
- if you get chance indicators on visiting the website, don’t try to get entry to it forcefully.
- if you get a message/OTP for any transaction which isn’t initiated by using you, immediately get your card blocked.
- if you worry your UPI/net banking information were compromised, then both request your financial institution to temporarily freeze transactions from your account or withdraw/transfer the cash held to your account. in case your account has a massive amount of cash, then freezing the account or moving it to any other account could be helpful.